Skip to main content

Make Every Minute Count!…



I know what’s like to be busy and how much of the things around you, you don’t take note of. You just can’t help it. Can I do something about it you wonder? Yes, you can. When we talk about busyness and fruitfulness, we are literally addressing the way we use our time. Time is a resource that God has given us and he’s expecting us to be fruitful with it. Over the years I have learned not to use some certain words, words like “Am too busy”, “I can’t do this now”, “I don’t have the time for this”, “I am just passing the time”. My people, time is not a commodity to kill or to pass. It’s a steward that’s to be harnessed.
Personally, I don’t like to waste time. I like to be productive with every minute. I don’t like to be kept waiting for a long time when I can be doing something resourceful and worthwhile with my time but yet again being impatient doesn’t help and it definitely hasn’t helped me much. I make diligent effort to keep everything on schedule and that doesn’t mean everything and everyone have to work according to your schedule, you must be able to strike a balance and work with everyone.


Keeping everything on schedule sometimes gets me into trouble because circumstances sometimes cause me to fall behind, and then I have to rush. I don’t like to hurry, I don’t like the pressure of doing things hurriedly and so right now I am learning to put a little more margin in my life. I am also learning how to allow more time in between appointments, schedules, etc.

There are times when you do not have enough minutes or hours to complete a task or do something you want to do, but it’s too early to do the next thing you need to do. Whenever you have five, ten, or fifteen minutes, don’t just kill your time. Use it productively. Read something either a book or a Bible, pray, spend it with your children, check up on those friends or acquaintances that you never have time to visit, encourage someone, write, listen to good music’s, appreciate those around you. You never know whose life you will be affecting with that little time. When you have a few minutes, make them count.
I have to get ready for school…..To be continued…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value of Adversity

I  spent most of my life thinking of adversity as the obstacle between me and success. Over the last three years, I've changed my perspective on adversity. The value of pursuing success isn't the success itself. The value comes from the adversity that you must overcome in the process AND who that forces you to become in the process. THAT is what is valuable. Let me give a concrete example. The value of striving to be a millionaire isn't the money itself. The value is in who you become in the process -- a person who has: overcome societal assumptions about what is and isn't possible;confronted and overcome self-limiting beliefs;discovered how to notice opportunities overlooked by others;learned to be of service to others;grasped the nuances of creating value for others. Most of the people i have come in contact with tend to be in high-income brackets. Some I've worked with over many years What I've found most remarkable isn't their financial success.

Days of Reckoning

I REMEMBER SAUDI 89' (THE SECOND HALF) Gone are the days when an intentional football match involving Nigeria would dry up the streets, with most people at home and glued to their TV sets. One of such games was during the Saudi 89' World Cup championship. Famously called,  THE MIRACLE OF DAMMAN- We were playing against USSR. Never mind, I won't bore you with the details. But by the end of the first half, we were practically down and out. With a 4-goal deficit to cope with, Most people switched off their sets. But in the second half we began to hear some shouts. And it appeared to increase with every shout. Before we knew it, the game turned around, and Nigeria won. Prior to this time, there was no record of such a feat in our history. Here we are at the second half of 2016. There's no telling that Nigeria and indeed most Nigerians have been hit hard, especially by the fast dwindling economy. Most folks have never had it this tough. And there seems to be little or no

The Altar and The Door

Five,Four,Three,Two,One! My New Year's resolution will be to loose 100 pounds,stop smoking,stop drinking,get into shape,eat healthy. "Two weeks later," OH,I give up". In life its easy to say things or set high goals but as time passes things get difficult and giving in to temptations seems to be the only way out. A Christian life,like new year resolutions,feels simple. It is all black and white while at the altar where "we know how to live and what direction to take",but after church,"somewhere between the "Altar and the Door" everything turns gray again. At the Altar Jesus expects us to leave everything that weighs on our shoulders to Him and not to leave with any when we walk out of the door. At the Altar we are full of confidence, we know who we are,what we are supposed to do,which road in life to take and how we are supposed to live. But the frustration comes however when we leave the Altar and have to take the things we left there with